Tuesday, June 3

Culture Shock 27

Beer. Alcohol. Two different things.
NOTE: I don't drink. Forgive me those that I might offend by my lack of drinking etiquette.

In Mississippi, you cannot buy alcohol at the grocery store. No wine. You have to go to a liquor store. And you can't buy beer at a liquor store. WHAT!

Just learned this week that you can't buy alcohol at a restaurant on a Sunday. Oh. I had no idea. BUT you can order a beer. Just no wine or margaritas or mixed drinks.

This doesn't effect me but was definitely a shock to learn! It has to do with the percent of alcohol. Something like 8% and above isn't allowed on Sundays.

1 comment:

  1. Oregon has similar laws...only several stores can be open on Sundays, and why I don't know (I don't drink either. Even when I COULD I didn't.) I don't know why some people get so offended if you don't! If you ever find out, let me know!

    ReplyDelete