Friday, May 16

Culture Shock 24

California has stores for outdoor gear. So does Mississippi. I'm not shocked that this is the same.
The amount of camo here, though...anyway!
GUNS!

This was a rack out in the middle of a store floor. Toto, we are not in California anymore!
In California, all the guns are locked up or at least up high so little hands can't get to them. I suppose also so that they are harder to lift/steal. There are not a lot of toy guns or beebee guns just out in the isle either!
AND THE AMOUNT OF GUNS in one store that is not specifically a gun store - wow! I was a little overwhelmed when I walked into Gander Mountain.
When we first got married I told my husband he would have to choose between a gun in our house and me in our house. My, how we have both changed since then. I haven't shot one yet, but we do have guns. I guess my mind was changed when we heard a bobcat on our property here in Mississippi. I was glad my husband had a gun and that he knows how to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment