Monday, September 21

Culture Shock 113

Almost done.  I might start repeating myself if I continue! There are some things that are easy to get used to, like the wonderful new friends we're making and southern hospitality and no traffic. 

Other things I find still don't feel like home.  For example: tornado warnings, humidity, RAIN!

I am still amazed at the sounds of birds.  We had a few in our neighborhood back home.  A couple very talented mocking birds who copied lawn mowers and car alarms.  The mocking birds near our new home copy kittens and my son's whistle!

But there are so many birds! We have cardinals and wrens and mocking birds and robins and blue jays and buzzards and hawks and eagles. I get to watch a golden eagle perch and hunt for food every once in awhile. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment