Friday, April 15

Five Minute Friday: On Distance



"Got five minutes? Let’s write. Let’s finger paint with words. Let’s just write and not worry if it’s just right or not." ~Gypsy Mama


On Distance

GO

What is the distance between what I am and what I want to be?
When I think of distance, I think about how long it will take me to get there.

Oh, how much I want to BE THERE! I want TO BE all of this potential that is wrapped up inside me. I want to be DONE CHANGING my heart because it hurts so dang much to grow and to be.

How long, dear God, until I have arrived at my destination? What is the distance that is left to travel this road less traveled by? I WANT TO BE THERE NOW! I want to be existing at my full potential, and doing what you have set aside for me to do.

Distance, long and hard, to keep a relationship going, but we did it for 3 years, 2 year in college and 1 while I was on the other coast, and have been married for 8.

Distance that the Lord Jesus traveled on foot to Jeruselem, to the cross. How beautiful the feet that walked the long dusty road and the hill to the cross. How beautiful that the distance wasn’t shorter for our sake and longer for his. Perfect.

STOP

1 comment:

  1. i agree this growing and changing hurts!! and i just to be there living out the potential and the dreams!

    ReplyDelete