Tuesday, March 10

Culture Shock 78

Gatgoo went the little green frog one day.
Gatgoo went the little green frog.
Gatgoo went the little green frog one day and they all went gatgatgoo.

Weeee all know frogs go lawdee dawdee daw.. lawdee dawdee daw.. lawdee dawdee daw.
Weeee all know frogs go lawdee dawdee daw. They don't go gatgatgoo!

I have a disc with this song and have song it for years with my oldest son. It's a silly song! We all know frogs say, "Ribbit!" Right?

Very wrong! A small percentage of frogs might say ribbit, but the frogs in Mississippi say, "Lawdee dawdee daw!" They chirp! They tweet and twitter! They shout and sing all kinds of songs in the rain.

Thank you for correcting me, frogs of Mississippi! As I was flipping through a children's book with my little mister, I stopped on the frog page, unable to produce a Mississippi frog tune!

No comments:

Post a Comment