Thursday, August 19

I'm Hooked

I must post again about this amazing writer who has caught my attention. With the first few words of each post, I'm hooked!

I am recently unemployed and having a difficult time with the emotions of myself and my husband, who has been unemployed for 2 years now. I have one son who does not understand what we are going through as a family right now, BUT...

this was the first post I read from this site and it captured my heart: http://thegypsymama.com/2010/08/when-we-discover-holy-ground-where-we-least-expect-it/

No matter what I am going through, I want to leave a legacy of love with my son.

Yesterday was a bad day. Lots of yelling with emotions spilling out. Not happy, not loving emotions. Then I remember the question: What am I leaving my son? I've tried to make up for it today. Playing at the park, library time, lots of smiles and giggles! But I know the damage has been done and it will take more than one day to clean up the angry words and confusion that my five year old is feeling.

Only one thing can heal the damage that I have done: Jesus.
Lord, may I show my son a glimpse of Jesus today.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Beth -

    Thank you for your beautiful words! And oh man, can I ever relate! My husband went through nearly 18 months of unemployment as well and it was so so hard. I wrote a series about it called "Is there Life after No?" because I felt like that's all we heard from the Lord.

    Hang in there my friend - He does hear, He is listening, He hasn't forgotten.

    I just find His timing and priorities are way way different from mine!

    Big hugs
    Lisa-Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement. It is much needed and much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete