Saturday, August 9

Culture Shock 52

What a wonderful difference in the highways here! Besides the lack of traffic most of the time, the on-ramps are marvelous.

I think it will be so much easier to teach Nick to drive. When my mom was teaching me to get onto the freeway back home, she regrettably chose an on-ramp that was short and consisted of a 270° turn. We actually had to stop on the ramp because of the flow of traffic, my mom being distracted by teaching me, and the degree of the turn. It was horrifying to be stopped on the freeway as cars zoomed past.

The highways in southwest Mississippi are not crowded. They have long on-ramps so you have time to merge. And it is common courtesy for drivers to move over to the left for merging vehicles.

Thank you, Mississippi!

No comments:

Post a Comment