Sunday, April 26

Culture Shock 88

This is another shocker for me about attitude.

Californians: mention that you want to move out of the city. You are the odd one out here.  Why live in the country where you have to drive 45 minutes just to go grocery shopping? Don't you want neighbors and socialization?

Mississippians: mention that you are looking for a place out in the country. You might get a slap on the back and a, "Good for you!"

Seriously, I do miss the convenience of a 30 minute round trip grocery store run. It just takes a little more planning on my part when I know the driving alone will be an hour out of my day.  And no last minute dinner changes.  If it's not on the menu,  therefore we don't have the ingredients this week, it's not getting made!

No comments:

Post a Comment